Acute Injury Clinic
Cairns Orthopaedic Clinic provides twice weekly acute injury clinics. The clinics are available to:
- Patients injured in sporting or recreational activities the previous week.
- Patients who have seen a physio or GP who has ascertained the need for relatively urgent treatment, possible surgery or treatment management within the following week such as acute knee injuries, common acute shoulder injuries or acute fractures.
- Private patients and those wishing to seek private treatment only.
(If a public patient is injured, then they are best referred to the fracture clinic at the Cairns Hospital where they will be managed in an expedient and professional manner.)
The process for attendance at the acute injury clinic is for your doctor or physiotherapist to:
- Phone administration on 4040 6240
- Fax a referral through to 4040 6201
- Address the referrals to The Doctor-Acute Injury Clinic as any one of our specialist will be attending the clinic that week.
This clinic provides a more efficient and comprehensive service for those patients who have been injured in their sporting or recreational activities.
Our aim is for Far North Queensland patients to not have to wait extended periods of time for acute orthopaedic conditions.